Plain English Terms
The General Terms below are legal terms that serve to protect us and make it clear the privacy terms that will apply to users of New Zealand Esports Federation services. These terms below are here to give you a simple explanation of what the General Terms mean in plain English.
However, these plain English terms are not legally binding and the General Terms are still the legal terms that will apply if anything goes wrong.
- Personal Information: New Zealand Esports Federation stores your Personal Information when you use our service. Because we keep this information, New Zealand Esports Federation takes on the legal responsibilities that come with storing that information.
- Your Rights: You have the right to be able to access, amend and delete the Personal Information that you supply to us on request.
- Log data: When you visit our service, New Zealand Esports Federation collects data that your browser sends to us. This includes IP address, browser version, time and date of visit, and other statistics.
- Security: New Zealand Esports Federation’s data is encrypted and securely stored via Google Cloud Server storage and database services. All passwords are hashed, so no one can view them, including New Zealand Esports Federation.
- Social Media and other Links: When you click on a third-party link to another site that is not operated by us, we have no control over or responsibility for the content or privacy policies of these other sites.
- Age Restriction: Those under the age of 13 are require permission from a parent or guardian to access the Service. If someone under 13 years of age provides us with any information without consent, we will immediately delete it and remove that person’s consent.
You can unsubscribe from any New Zealand Esports Federation offering at any time by sending an email to .
Collection of Personal Information
The Personal Information we collect about you, when you register as a User, may include, but is not limited to:
- your name;
- email address;
- postal address;
- phone number;
- credit card details;
- User portrait/avatar;
- team logos;
- IP address;
- survey responses; and
- other information you may provide about yourself when accessing the Service.
We collect Personal Information when you use the Service available on our Website such as; visiting the Website, as well as event, volunteer, talent registration and participation in tournaments available on the Website.
We only collect the data that is necessary
- (a) for the delivery of the Service;
- (b) for the performance of a contract for which you are a party;
- (c) for which you have given consent for such processing of your Personal Information, or;
- (d) for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
We automatically collect some information from your device when you use the Website. For example, we collect your session data, including your IP address, the navigation software used and the reference site. We may collect information about your online activity, such as reviewed content, pages visited and searches. We automatically collect this type of information to try to better understand your interests and preferences and to better personalise your experience. We also collect Personal Information in order to help protect New Zealand Esports Federation and other users from misuse
Using Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be collected by New Zealand Esports Federation in order:
- to enable us to operate the Service and provide it to you;
- to keep you informed about the Service, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, contests and events we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us;
- for commercial purposes on behalf of our partners;
- to detect whether you are a previously banned user;
- to sell or market New Zealand Esports Federation products and services to you; and
- to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of esports related opportunities on our Website. One way we do this is by sending you emails that contain information about your esports interest. We believe that these emails will provide you with useful information about esports available on our Website. You have the option to change the types of emails you receive or unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
You will receive marketing messages from us if you have given your consent, if you have requested or if you use the Service to access products or experiences from us and if you have not opted out of receiving marketing messages.
Using your Personal Information
In addition, from time to time, we may share information with certain third-party companies with which New Zealand Esports Federation has a business relationship. These companies may send you offers based on the information you have provided us and by using the Service you consent to receiving such information. We have the right to share your data when we investigate suspicious activity of Users. In such an instance we may have to share the User’s IP address and/or email to administrators of other platforms.
Where we are required by applicable law, we will seek your consent prior to sharing your Personal Information with such third parties for marketing purposes. Also, you can opt out of having your Personal Information shared with third parties for those parties’ direct marketing purposes by emailing us at or via the Website.
In the event that any player is banned by New Zealand Esports Federation, New Zealand Esports Federation will:
- (a) publish the banned players full name and gamertag online in a statement from New Zealand Esports Federation; and
- (b) where New Zealand Esports Federation is required, disclose any relevant information to the Publisher. For the purposes of this section, “Publisher” means any company that publishes the video game to which the ban relates.
New Zealand Esports Federation will not disclose any more information than is strictly necessary than to perform the disclosures as set out above.
We will never sell your Personal Information in any circumstance.
Storage of Personal Information
New Zealand Esports Federation is a New Zealand company with its head-office located in Auckland, New Zealand. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), New Zealand is considered a country which provides adequate protections for Personal Information, as confirmed by the European Commission in Commission Decision 2013/65/EU.
New Zealand Esports Federation uses third-party service providers (such as managed hosting providers, card processors, CRM systems, and technology partners) to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage and other services that we use to operate the Service. Some of these providers may not be located in New Zealand or Australia.
By using the Service or submitting any Personal Information to New Zealand Esports Federation via the Service, you consent to New Zealand Esports Federation and its authorized service partners using your Personal Information in New Zealand and Australia in order to make the Service available to you. Please be aware that the privacy protections and the rights of authorities and government agencies to access your Personal Information in some of these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country.
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or statutory reporting requirements.
In order to determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the following factors; the amount, nature and sensitivity of the data, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
We may retain certain information subsequent to the termination of your account, for example if it is necessary to fulfil our legal obligations or to exercise, to maintain security, to prevent fraud and abuse and to defend or enforce our rights.
New Zealand Esports Federation has appointed a Privacy Officer who can be contacted at .
You can access, amend and delete the Personal Information you have provided to us by emailing us at .
If you decide to terminate your account, we will deactivate it, and remove your Personal Information. Remember that once your account is closed, you will no longer be able to login and access your Personal Information. You can however, open a new account at any time.
By emailing our Privacy Officer, you have the following rights with regard to your Personal Information:
- Right to request access to your Personal Information. This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- The right to request to correct your Personal Information if it is inaccurate. You may also supplement any incomplete Personal Information we have, taking into account the purposes of the processing.
- The right to request deletion of your Personal Information if;
- Your Personal Information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected or processed them; or
- You withdraw your consent if the processing of your Personal Information is based on consent and no other legal ground exists; or
- You object to the processing of your Personal Information and we do not have an overriding legitimate ground for processing; or
- Your Personal Information is unlawfully processed; or
- Your Personal Information has to be deleted for compliance with a legal obligation.
- The right to object to the processing of your Personal Information. We will comply with your request, unless we have a compelling overriding legitimate interest for processing or we need to continue processing your Personal Information to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- The right to restrict the processing of Personal Information, if:
- The accuracy of your Personal Information is contested by you, for the period in which we have to verify the accuracy of the Personal Information; or
- The processing is unlawful and you oppose the deletion of your Personal Information and request restriction; or
- We no longer need your Personal Information for the purposes of processing, but your Personal Information is required by you for legal claims; or
- You have objected to the processing, for the period in which we have to verify overriding legitimate grounds.
To exercise your rights you can file a request by email to .
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. In an effort to speed up our response, we may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request. New Zealand Esports Federation reserves the right to impose a reasonable charge for carrying out a request and supplying information in accordance with a request made under this section.
Whenever you visit our Service, New Zealand Esports Federation collects information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amounts of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the Website and are stored on your device’s hard drive.
Our Website uses these “cookies” to collect information and to improve our Service for users (for example to temporarily remember your session in order to not ask you to fill this information again each time you visit the Website or go from one page to another). Some other cookies are used to generate statistics or to remember your preferences.
You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties will never have Personal Information disclosed to them by New Zealand Esports Federation.
The security of your data is important to us. We endeavour to follow generally accepted standards to protect the Personal Information supplied to us.
New Zealand Esports Federation’s data is encrypted and securely stored via AWS storage and database services. All account passwords are hashed.
However, no application can guarantee perfect security, and we implement and maintain appropriate measures to protect the Personal Information you provide us with.
Social Media and Links to Other Sites
The Websites includes links to services such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, Twitter and Instagram. After clicking on the link you will be redirected to the page of the respective provider, i.e. only after clicking on the link, User information will be transferred to the respective provider. For information on the handling of your data when using the Website of other providers, please check the respective data protection information of these providers.
If New Zealand Esports Federation provides online services to a child (under 13), will need the child’s parent/ legal guardian consent for this, and may ask for a parent’s or legal guardian’s email address, in order to obtain such consent.